On 14.4.2017 13.56, Rauno Tuul wrote:

The issue occurs, when attempting to establish a connection. For example
the host is totally down or firewalled.
Is the TCP connection has been established, then there's no problem.

Thanks for confirming this. I talked with one of our people about this and he said the problem could not be reproduced. What he used was not a Debian 8. Also, web search did not turn up similar problems, so this looks like something that is not a universal problem.

In other words, no real update on this yet.

Easy way to reproduce the issue, is to drop mysql traffic with iptables.
Example setup:
         <AuthBy SQL>
                 DBSource                dbi:mysql:dbname:127.0.0.1:3306
                 Timeout                 1
                 FailureBackoffTime      1
Then drop the traffic with 'iptables -A INPUT -i lo -p tcp -m tcp
--dport 3306 -j DROP' and hit the instance with radpwtst every second.
If the debian systemd set the open file limit to 1024, then the instance
will collapse within 20 minutes.

Thanks for this additional information. I have made a note about this.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.