Just curious about how to set up time limits properly......

Jumping of this hurdle should pretty much complete my configuration, so
a huge big thanks from all who have been so helpful.  I hope I can return
the favor.

Here is my users file, a demo:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
        Reply-Message = You are a PPP user

Pgorm   Auth-Type=System, Time = "Al0800-1300"
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol=PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address = 206.31.149.117,
        Framed-Netmask=255.255.255.255

Which should of course, block the Pgorm account after 1pm...

however, my debug log looks like:

Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Realm=DEFAULT'
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Rewrote user name to Pgorm
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthGROUP
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthSQL
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthFILE
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE looks for match with Pgorm
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthUNIX
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthUNIX looks for match with Pgorm
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthUNIX REJECT: Time: not within
an allowable Time range
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE REJECT: Time: not within
an allowable Time range
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE looks for match with
DEFAULT
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthUNIX
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthUNIX looks for match with Pgorm
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthUNIX ACCEPT:
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE ACCEPT:
Fri Mar 12 14:25:32 1999: DEBUG: Access accepted for Pgorm

The user logs in, gets rejected, but then gets accepted and the connect is
made reguardless
of what is in the Pgorm user definition... In fact, it doesnt assign the
proper ip number from the user
definition either...

Now, some of you may remember that I have been wanting to set up SQL
accounting and session limits, but use
Unix for password authentication.  This seems to be working fine... here the
relevant part of my
radius.cfg:

<Realm DEFAULT>
       <AuthBy GROUP>
         AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilIgnore
          <AuthBy SQL>
                DBSource  dbi:mysql:radius
                DBUsername  dbuser
                DBAuth dbpassword
                # This disables SQL auth
                AuthSelect
              # This enables SQL accounting
                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

                AcctColumnDef    USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef    TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct_Terminate-Cause
                AcctColumnDef    NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
                AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        </AuthBy>

        <AuthBy FILE>
                # The filename defaults to %D/users

Now, I figured that the problem is th AuthByPolicy line, and I changed to it
ContinueUntilReject but this
doesnt function like I had anticipated.  Basically it would attempt to query
the SQL database for username and password
(which is disabled), but SQL the query returns a reject and authentication
dies at that point.

Also, once this is corrected, when I specify a maximum default number of
sessions, will my
user definitions be able to override this for a particular account?