Hi Stephen,

sounds like the new kit you got is just the runtime kit, sice it does not
include the libraries. You will have top get a kit that includes the libraries.
the -lip is the main ipass library, and if thats not available, you are dead in
the water trying to compile IpassPerl. Ipass have been very happy to issue the
librraries in the past.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

On Mar 17, 10:43am, Stephen Ollis wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) IPASS modules for Radiator.
> Platform -    Sparc Solaris 7
>               Radiator 2.13 with pm patches
>               ipass3_2-QSK for Solaris
>               IpassPerl-1_3
>
> Problem:
> Inbound IPASS authentication works fine (ie my customers at someplace
> else can authenticate). Outbound IPASS authentication is failing Whilst
> doing the perl Makefile.PL I get..
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lip
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lssl
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypto
>
> The current IPASS kit does not have these libs, but the old kit does.
> Unfortunately, the libs are not for Solaris 7. However, being the brave
> soul I dragged them onto the Solaris 7, tried to make the ipassperl
> module.. attempted to authenticate and found a lovely core file in
> the radiator home directory.
>
> Is there another way for Radiator to interface into IPASS? Is
> there a way of getting those 3 libs compiled on Solaris 7?
>
> Steve O
> --
> Stephen Ollis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Ph: +61 2 9911 1606(BH)
> Team Leader, Server Systems - Network Engineering  +61 2 9911 1555(FAX)
> AT&T EasyLink Services, Lvl 8, 15 Orion Rd, Lane Cove, NSW 2066
> Australia
> 'There is no traffic jam on the extra mile.' - Zig Ziegler
>

> ===
>-- End of excerpt from Stephen Ollis

24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   Consulting and development
Phone, Fax: +61 3 9598-0985                 http://www.open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody