On Mar 22, 10:30am, Richard Hawley wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) mysql create statement
> Maybe this list isn't the proper place to ask this, but I'm sure someone
> here can help me :).  I have a pre-existing database that was already
> setup when I started working on the system.  It has a username column as
> shown below.  I am trying to duplicate the table into monthly tables for
> the accounting, but I dont know the syntax of the create table statement
> that will give me a value of MUL in the Key.  I assume MUL is short for
> multiple since you would need to have multiple entries of the same
> username.  The MySQL docs don't really explain this.

>From my experiments, it seems that the MUL means that UserName is a non-unique
index. There might be other columns that also are part of the index; only the
first one seems to get MUL.

You could create one with something like.

create table xxx (
UserName char(50) not null,
index somename (UserName));

Cheers.

> +-----------------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | Field           | Type     | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
> +-----------------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | UserName        | char(50) |      | MUL |         |       |
>
> Thanks.
>
> ..Rich
>
> --
> Richard W. Hawley - Network Engineer
> CyberZone Internet Services
> http://www.cyberzone.net
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>-- End of excerpt from Richard Hawley

24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   Consulting and development
Phone, Fax: +61 3 9598-0985                 http://www.open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody