Anyone else seeing similar errors with Ascend SNMP checking?

--- Forwarded mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:34:40 -0400
From: Network Operations <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with duplicate login using Ascend and UCP-SNMP on linux

Hi,

        I work for Caribbean Internet Services. I was trying to deny duplicate
logins to my
network using radiator and it is not working. here is an example of my
config file

LogStdout
LogDir          /usr/local/etc
DbDir           /usr/local/etc
SnmpgetProg     /usr/bin/snmpget
<Client DEFAULT>
        Secret  xxxxxx
        DupInterval 0
        NasType AscendSNMP
        SNMPCommunity   public
</Client>
<SessionDatabase DBM>
        Filename %D/online/online
</SessionDatabase DBM>
<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy RODOPI>
                DBSource        dbi:Sybase:209.91.255.101
                DBUsername      xxxxx
                DBAuth          xxxxx
                DefaultReply Service-Type = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol
= PPP,
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255, Framed-MTU = 1500,
Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 0,
Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600, Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1, Framed-Routing =
0,
Simultaneous-Use = 1

I tried it using "Simultaneous-Use = 1" in the DefaultReply and using
"MaxSessions 1" in the realm default. I am seeing a lot of snmp errors.
For example...

Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: enterprises.529.12.2.1.3.20107

Also since I have two radius servers, I shared a directory between them
using NFS. I hope that
is the correct way to do it. I don't know if that is a problem.

Thanks for your time and a prompt response,
Hector Lopez

---End of forwarded mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   Consulting and development
Phone, Fax: +61 3 9598-0985                 http://www.open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody