From: Richard Hawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, April 09, 1999 1:10 AM
Subject: (RADIATOR) Auth-Type triggers

>Auth-type triggers seem a little vague (to me anyway :).  If I had a
>Subscribers database in mysql, how would I configure a field of a record
>to be a reject message?  For example, I want the user to be rejected if
>something is in that field and have the contents of that field be the
>rejection reason.

You will need to have a column configured into SQL and Radiator. The column
will translate into a check item "Auth-Type" (see AuthColumnDef in the
reference manual). If you put a value like "Reject:message" then the user
will be always rejected (with the message put in the Reply-Message). If the
column is NULL for a user, it will have no effect.

>I also need a default rejection message to be sent to the user if he/she
>tries to log on more than he/she is allowed to logon.

Thats a bit trickier. You will have to add something to your database to
figure out when they have exceeded their limit, and set up the rejection
descriubed above. It could be done relatively easily with a database with
SQL triggers, but mysql does not support them alas.