On Apr 9, 12:33pm, C Thompson wrote:
> Subject: AuthPort problems and possible solution
> We're working with a group for multiple POP access and have run into a
> port problem.  We have set all our equipment to the new 1812/1813 port
> requirements.  However, this company still uses 1645/1646 in their Merit
> RADIUS and NAS equipment.  They have an entry as follows for us:
> type=NONE:PROXY+APPEND.
>
> Obviously I can change back to the old numbers (not desirable), I can
> have them enter 1812,1813 into their RADIUS (this will work as far as
> auth requests go, but no accounting info shows up in the detail file, just in
> the debug logfile.  For some reason their requests show up as coming
> from port 32770).

Hmmm, that should have worked. Sounds like the packets is being received on
port 1813, but not logged to the detail file? Coming from port 32770 should not
have affected the logging.

In the shorrt term I would recommend that you use this approach (if we can make
it work). Can you send me your Radiator config file (no secrets) a logfile
showing what happens when it tries to log teh accounting details?

> What I'm wondering is if there is any way you can add the AuthPort and
> AcctPort syntax into the Client clauses.  This would seem to make
> Radiator even more extensible and solve configuration issues such as the
> one described above.
>
> (For the record, I tried just putting the clauses in, but I get a keyword
> error currently.)
Yes, that wont work yet.

Cheers.

> Thanks for any help offered.
>

> Craig Thompson
> WingNET Internet Services,
> P.O. Box 3000 // Cleveland, TN 37320-3000
> 423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5444 (f)
> http://www.wingnet.net
>
> The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
>

>-- End of excerpt from C Thompson

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody