Hi,

We're using <AuthBy EXTERNAL> (no Fork) for authentication and accounting
and we use one MySQL database for both processes. We're finding that
authentication is done in a reasonable amount of time (less than a
second), but accounting is TERRIBLY slow.

When an authentication request is made, its processing is started
immediately and finishes just as fast. But when accounting is done, it
takes typically 45+ seconds before it starts to get processed, but takes
less than a second to process.

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'