On Wed, 12 May 1999, Mike McCauley wrote:

|o| 1. is it possible that you are not receiving the accounting request from the
|o| NAS when you think you are?
|o|
|o| ie is it taking 45 seconds because Radiator is not getting the request from the
|o| NAS straight away?

I've tried it with an actual NAS and radpwtst on the LAN. Same thing. It
takes 45 secs before its even processed.

|o| 2. Is it possible that the external accounting process is starting
|o| straight away, but its taking a long time to do the insert
|o| (perhaps because of the way your accounting table indexes are set
|o| up ?)

Like I said, it takes approx. 45 seconds before the external program is
even executed but takes about 0.4 to 0.5 seconds to process.

I did let Radiator run for about a minute and found the ff. statistics:

Total Access-Requests = 24
Total Accounting-Requests = 229
Duplicate Accounting entries and dropped = 97

Hope this helps.

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'