Hi Neale,

On May 25,  7:05pm, Neale Banks wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) Password = "UNIX"?
> I am trying to set up Radiator to initially use my legacy "users" file.
>
> In this file, there are two issues that I can't see solutions to:
>
> 1. Radiator expects User-Password = "string", but the legacy file has
> entries in the format Password = "string".  Or is this just a matter of
> making a dictionary entry like:
>
> ATTRIBUTE     Password        2       string
>
> If so, would this be in addition to the incumbent User-Password entry or
> would it be instead of it?
Radiator will understand both Password or User-Passwrod in your users file. You
should not need to do anything to make that work.

> 2. Some (OK, lots) of the "strings"s are "UNIX" - meaning that the
> radiusd should use system routines to verify the username and supplied
> password against the system passwd/shadow password file.  I can't see a
> reference to doing this with Radiator.

No, that particular syntax is not supported by Radiator. The equivalent in
Radiator is to say AuthType=System, and ensure you have an AuthBy UNIX clause
that has an Identifier of System.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.