Hello Didier,

On Jun 18, 11:44am, Didier Lancry wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) accouting with IdenticalClient & proxy radius
> Hello,
>
> Radiator recieves authentification requests from a proxy server.
> There are several NAS's which use this proxy.
>
> I have declared the proxy thru the <CLIENT xxx> tag.
>
> This works well for authentification,
> Radiator does not need to know anything about NAS's IP,
> Proxy's IP declaration is enough.
>
> But for accounting messages, I have to declare
> all NAS's IP addresses individually,
> else Radiator rejects the accouting message
> (unknow client)
Thats very curious. It means that the accounting requests are not going through
the proxy at all!

> The problem is I have no control on NAS's IP
> (which are managed by another society)
> and those addresses are subject to changes
> from time to time.
> So I will miss accouting message.
>
> Is there a way to have Radiator check ONLY
> proxy address for accounting as it does
> for authentification ?
No, but you can arrange for it to ignore the signature for accounting requests.

I think you have 2 options:

1. Set up a <Client DEFAULT> with IgnoreAcctSignature.
2. Arrange for accounting requests to go via the proxy too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.