Hi Ian,

On Jun 21,  3:13pm, Ian Quorn wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) AcctLogFileFormat problem
>
>   We're in the process of switching to Radiator 2.13.1 from an ugly mix of
> Merit, Cistron, and Ascend Access Control.  It's looking good so far, but
> I've run into a bit of a snag.  I'm trying to specify what gets written
> into the accounting files with AcctLogFileFormat statement, but I'm not
> getting the results the reference manual implies I should.
>
>   Here's a brief snippet of an accounting record with no
> AcctLogFileFormat:
>
> Thu Jun 17 17:42:05 1999
>         User-Name = "fred@joe"
>         NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.10.11
>         NAS-Port = 51
>         NAS-Port-Type = Async
>         (long list of other attributes follows)
>
>   As a test, I decided to see if I could specify an AcctLogFileFormat
> clause that would result in the same detail file format.  So I added the
> following to a test realm:
>
>   AcctLogFileFormat %{User-Name} %{NAS-IP-Address} %{NAS-Port} etc.
>
>   which is similar to the example in the ref manual (section 6.12.5).  But
> when I reloaded and ran a radpwtst, I ended up with the following:
>
>   fred@joe 192.168.10.11 Async Start  00001234
>
>   i.e., no datestamp at the start, no "attribute = " in front of the
> values, and no newlines.
>
>   Any ideas regarding what I'm missing?

Those %{attributename} things get replaced by the value of the attribute, so if
you wanted to see User-Name = "fred@joe", you would have to have:
User-Name = "%{User-Name}" etc.

Use %l to get the datestamp (you may need the patched radiusd at
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/downloads/patches-2.13.1/ to get this)

There is currently no way to have linefeeds embedded in parameter in the config
file, but you could do it with something like this:

AcctLogFileFormat       file:"xyzzy"

and the file xyzzy to have:

%l
        User-Name = "%{User-Name}"