On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Mike McCauley wrote:

> AcctLogFileFormat     file:"xyzzy"
>
> and the file xyzzy to have:
>
> %l
>       User-Name = "%{User-Name}"
>       NAS-IP-Address = %{NAS-IP-Address}
>       etc

  I did this, but after hupping, Radiator did not reload the realm that
had this AcctLogFileFormat statement - in fact, it seemed to flush any
knowledge of the realm from memory.  So I killed and restarted Radiator -
and again it proclaims no knowledge of the realm in question.  I
downloaded the latest version of radiusd from downloads/patches-2.13.1 and
started it up - it wouldn't load (perl gave me an error about a missing
semicolon around line 98 or some such).  So I downloaded the tarball in
the same directory and installed the radiusd that came with it - this one
loaded, but still would not see the realm.  So I applied all the patches
in the tarball and tried again - same thing.  I have my Trace set to level
4, but I do not see the users file for this realm in the logfile.  If I
try a radpwtst with a working username and password, I get rejected.

  Here's the section for the realm in the config file:

<Realm iwbc>
  AcctLogFileName /usr/adm/radacct/%C/detail
  AcctLogFileFormat file:"/usr/local/radiator/zzz.out"
  <AuthBy FILE>
    DefaultSimultaneousUse 1
    Filename %D/users/iwbc.users
    DefaultReply Service-Type=Framed,Framed-Protocol=PPP,\
                 Framed-IP-Netmask=255.255.255.255,Framed-Routing=None,\
                 Framed-Compression=Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,Framed-MTU=1500
  </AuthBy>
</Realm>

  and here's a snippet of the log file after a failed radpwtst:

Mon Jun 21 17:21:46 1999: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Received from 127.0.0.1 port 61953 ....
Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: 150
Authentic:  1234567890123456
Attributes:
        User-Name = "icq@iwbc"
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-IP-Address = 216.228.64.3
        NAS-Port = 1
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        User-Password =
"Kh<28><21><137><250>T<215>ISA<239>-<201><132><134>"

Mon Jun 21 17:21:46 1999: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Realm=iwbc'
Mon Jun 21 17:21:46 1999: INFO: Access rejected for icq@iwbc:
Mon Jun 21 17:21:46 1999: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Sending to 127.0.0.1 port 61953 ....
Code:       Access-Reject
Identifier: 150
Authentic:  1234567890123456
Attributes:
        Reply-Message = "Request Denied"

  When I start radiusd, I get the contents of the AcctLogFileFormat dumped
to my screen, but there's no indication that it read the file into memory
in the log.  I get a "file not found" type error if I give the config the
wrong path.  I'm long past being able to figure out what the heck is going
on.

  Please, help!

                         Ian Quorn
                     UNIX mook -- IWBC