DBD-Sybase-0.19 (released over the weekend) fixes the problem. Mike,
this can bite and bite HARD because of course radpwtst succeeds - you
just aren't storing any accounting info (and can't even see that you
aren't because of the table lock until you kill radiusd). Maybe a note
somewhere to make sure you have a known working version (of which,
DBD-Sybase-0.19 seems to be one).

HTH,
Barry

Mike McCauley wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> On Jun 28, 11:25pm, Barry W Anderson wrote:
> > Subject: (RADIATOR) Radiator seems to have a lock on the ACCOUNTING table.
> > using DBD-Sybase-0.18, DBI-1.11. As soon as I try and do a "SELECT
> > * FROM ACCOUNTING", the process goes into lock sleep state. Anyone
> > seen/fixed this puppy?
>
> Hmmm, is it possible the Sybase log is full?
> Radiator always enables AutoCommit, so there shoul dbe no uncommitted
> transactions holding it up.
>
> Keep me posted.
> Cheers.
>
> > --
> >                        Shori Pty Ltd                              /
> > Barry W Anderson                                   \             / /
> > Senior Consultant                                   \\\' ,      / //
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        \\\//,   _/ //,
> >                                                       \_-//' /  //<,
> >                        http://www.shori.com            \ ///  <//`
> >                                                        /  >>   \\\`__/_
> > 42 Munich Drive                                       /,)-^>>  _\` \\\
> > Keilor Downs, Victoria                                (/   \\ / \\\
> > Australia 3038                                              //  //\\\
> >-- End of excerpt from Barry W Anderson
>
> --
> Mike McCauley                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++, WWW
> 24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   http://www.open.com.au
> Phone +61 3 9598-0985                       Fax   +61 3 9598-0955

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8,
> NT, Rhapsody
> ===
> Archive at http://www.thesite.com.au/~radiator/

                       Shori Pty Ltd                              /
Barry W Anderson                                   \             / /
Senior Consultant                                   \\\' ,      / //
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        \\\//,   _/ //,
                       http://www.shori.com            \ ///  <//`
42 Munich Drive                                       /,)-^>>  _\` \\\
Keilor Downs, Victoria                                (/   \\ / \\\
Australia 3038                                              //  //\\\