Mike,

  In the client clause there is a defaultRealm=local, this is used by
a series of handere clauses to authenticate users according realm and
Called-Station-Id.

  Also may have another problem. The machine running the radius server
has multiple IP addresses. So that we can move the radius server if
the machine has a problem the machine has a base IP and an aliased ip.
By moving the aliased IP to a secondary machine we can continue
operation on an identical system with a minimum of interruption.
However, when replying to inbound requests the receiving end is
showing the base IP rather than the alias even though the origional
request was received on the alias IP. This has caused some problems
setting up global roaming, as the remote end had client information as
the alias IP and was throwing away replys because they were coming
from the base IP.

  Any suggestions, perhaps a bug?

Ian Hughes

On 7/20/99, 7:57:29 AM, "Mike McCauley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: (RADIATOR) Version 2.14 released:

> Hi Ian,

> thanks for reporting this.
> Do you have a DefaultRealm parameter in your Client clause?

> If so, there was a fix in 2.14 that affected DefaultRealm and
Handlers:

>   <li>DefaultRealm was not being honoured by Handlers, only Realms.
>    Reported by Richard Lennerts ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Thanks
>    Richard.

> See http://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html

> On Jul 19,  3:35pm, Ian Hughes wrote:
> > Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) Version 2.14 released
> > Since upgrading to 2.14 usernames without a domain (eg terry as
opposed to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]) are having the default realm (@local) appended
before
> > being passed to the realms for authentication. Is this a bug or an
added
> > feature? If it's an added feature could someone please explain why.
> > Currently using RewriteUservame function to strip off the @local
realm, but
> > did not need to with the provious version.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ian Hughes

> >   Ian Hughes - Tech Support/System Admin.
> >   Hunterlink Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
> >   1st Floor, 805 Hunter Street
> >   Dangar, NSW, 2309 Australia
> >   Phone: +61 2 4969 0122  Fax: +61 2 4969 0133
> >   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >-- End of excerpt from Ian Hughes

> --
> Mike McCauley                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++,
WWW