Hello Mark,

On Jul 20,  3:49pm, Mark O'Leary wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) Netware LDAP
> We would like to authenticate against an LDAP server, but rather than
> actually look up and return the value of the PasswordAttr field to Radiator,
> we'd like to send the uid and password, and simply have the LDAP server
> authenticate this against its one-way hash'ed password for that user and
> just return an 'accept' or 'reject'...
That is a good idea, and one we have been contemplating for some time, but
right now, and for the short term its not possible without changing the code.

> This would be preferable because we use an LDAP server with a Netware NDS
> back-end that already incorporates an NDS password (i.e. one that isnt
> accessible via an LDAP attribute) for other services, and rather than
> extending the schema with a password attribute that is a snapshot of the NDS
> password, we'd like to use it directly.
>
> Has anyone created a solution for this?
>
> If not, can anyone offer advice on creating an AuthBy module to perform as
> described above?

It would not be too difficult to modify our existing one to suit. If you do
manage to do that, we would be happy to roll it back into the base code.

Cheers.