Hello Rajesh -

At 2:35 AM 27/7/99, Rajesh Khator wrote:
>Rajesh K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi
>well i wanted to have two different files each having diff. set of users.how
>can it be done. I tried the option<AuthByFile>in the realm defaultand added 2
>different files each in the tag Auth by .But it didn't worked.

You will need to set up some form of continuation in the Realm, otherwise
the first response will stop processing.

Something like this:

# Set up a single DEFAULT Realm
<Realm DEFAULT>
# Step through AuthBy's until one Accepts
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
# AuthBy first file
        <AuthBy FILE>
        Filename  ....
        </AuthBy>
#AuthBy for second file
        <AuthBy FILE>
        Filename  ....
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

>why is it the authentication becomes slow with more than 1000 users.

This should not happen. Users from <AuthBY FILE> are cached internally,
unless the Nocache option is used (see page 38 of the manual).

hth

Hugh