In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Mike McCauley" wrote:
>On Sep 29,  2:08pm, Paul van der Zwan wrote:
>> Subject: (RADIATOR) Unsecure permissions on logfiles
>>
>> I am running radiator 2.14 on Solaris 2.6. It is started from /etc/inittab
>and
>> thus runs with a umask of 000. All log and accounting files are created with
>> mode 666. Is there a way to set the mode on the logfiles other than wrapping
>> radiator in a shell script and setting umask in that script ??
>
>There is no way (yet) to set the umask from within the Radiator config file.
>(is this a good idea, anyone?)

Maybe some extra options for all filebased stuff, like
Permissions 600
Owner   radius
Group   radius
This way we could set ownerships and permissions even if radiusd is running as
root.

>Since inittab just runs a shell, could you not make the command line in your
>inittab be something like:
>
>umask xxx;/path/to/radiator/....
>
>ie set the umask before calling radiator?

That's even simpler than a shell wrapper. I haven't tried that one..

>Hope that helps.
>Cheers.

Your help is much appreciated, as always.

CU
        Paul

--
Paul van der Zwan               paulz @ trantor.xs4all.nl
"I think I'll move to theory, everything works in theory..."