Thank you for your reply.  After writing this message I went home relaxed
and just repeated to myself over and over that it has to be something small.
When I read your message this morning I breathed a sigh of relief knowing
that there was someone who wanted to take a look at the configuration.  In
the process of sending the file over I noticed that the line Trace 4 was
COMMENTED OUT!!!  I uncommented ran it again and voila!  The logfile found
my mistake.  The first line of the logfile read Unknown word "secret".
After staring at my proxy.cfg file for what seemed like an eternity  I
finally realized my mistake.

<Realm>
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
        Host xxx.yyy.zzz
        secret XXXXXX
</AuthBy>
</Realm>>

Notice that I had a LOWER CASE "s" on secret.  The tears that were shed over
this one :)

Thank you,
Brian Harper