Hi all,

I think this questions is just very answered, but I need some information.

Actually I have a NT 4.0 SP5 with Radiator 2.14.1 ( with patches 2.14.1)
running properly, but I autherticate with a flat file. because of I have
many users I need another way to do that, and I think MS SQL could be one of
the best.

I have read the manula pag 82, 107..and I know that:

- I need to install DBI ( PPM>install DBI
- Then, search the right module/driver to connect database.
In my case I think I need ODBC because my MS SQL server is into another NT
server that Radiator. So PPM>install DBD-ODBC.

Is it right? Is there another way better? May be mSQL? Why?
Is the ODBC conector stable?

- I need to create the database into SQL server...
- I need to configure my radius.cfg to authenticate
and also create a System DSN into my Radiator server ( In my case
DSN=Radius)to connect database
<Realm DEFAULT>
        PasswordLogFileName     %L/%d-%m-%y-password.log
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
        <AuthBy SQL>
                # Data to open database. DSN= radius
                DBSource dbi:ODBC:radius
                DBUsername admrad  # login to connect
                DBAuth  xxxx   # pass to connect
Is it all ok until this point?

                AuthSelect select PASSWORD from USERSDB where
USERNAME=´%n´

I do not know what I need to put here ( select...) to authenticate properly
a user and also check his check items ( like Called-station-id, NAS-port,
Acct-Status-Type, etc) agains the SQL. I think I need to configure my Radius
databese and table USERSDB with login, pass, and check items... How to do
that? Any example?

                # This enables accounting
                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                # etc....
        </AuthBy>

</Realm>

I hope you could help me.