A small step forward. Hopefully we'll see initiatives like this gain steam over
the next four years...

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "New America" <eve...@newamerica.org>
> Date: September 21, 2016 at 07:49:42 PDT
> To: "Ernest Prabhakar" <drer...@radicalcentrism.org>
> Subject: 10/5 Invitation: Isn’t It Time We Designed An Election For The 21st
> Century?
>

> Isn’t It Time We Designed An Election For The 21st Century?
>

> Register to Attend
> The civic ritual of voting in America is an act of nostalgia. The act of
> casting a ballot, unlike most things in our society, doesn’t ever seem to
> change. It’s the same as it was when you accompanied your parents to vote, or
> when they accompanied their parents. This deference to tradition would be
> worth celebrating if our elections weren’t riddled with hanging chads,
> imperfect counts, long lines and confusion over who’s registered to vote (not
> to mention when and where), and if our voter experience didn’t compare so
> poorly to other, less important 21st century customer experiences. Countries
> like Canada, Brazil, and Germany use electronic voting that offers accurate
> and instantaneous results. Why not the United States? Why not design an
> election for the 21st Century?
> Join Future Tense in Washington, D.C., for a happy hour and brainstorm on how
> to create a better, more efficient, and more just election system.
>
> Future Tense is a partnership of Arizona State University , New America, and
> Slate .
>
> Participants:
>
> Matt Adams
> Program Director, IDEO
>
> Jamelle Bouie
> Chief Political Correspondent, Slate
> @jbouie
>
> Jeremy Epstein
> Senior Computer Scientist, SRI International
>
> Dahlia Lithwick
> Journalist, Slate
> @Dahlialithwick
>
> Lawrence Norden
> Deputy Director, Democracy Program, Brennan Center for Justice
> @LarryNorden
>
> Moderator:
>
> Mark Schmitt
> Director of Studies, New America
> Director, Political Reform Program, New America
> @mschmitt9
>
> Isn’t It Time We Designed An Election For The 21st Century?
> Wednesday, October 5, 2016
> 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST
> 740 15th Street NW, Suite 900
> Washington, DC 20005
>

> Follow the conversation online using #FTVotes and following @FutureTenseNow.
> Live streaming of this event will be available on the New America website.
>

> New America is dedicated to the renewal of American politics, prosperity, and
> purpose in the Digital Age. Our hallmarks are big ideas, impartial analysis,
> pragmatic policy solutions, technological innovation, next generation
> politics, and creative engagement with broad audiences.
> Unsubscribe

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
<RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com>
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

---
"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.