Hi all,

I've just purchased a Squeeze box Radio and so far my experience with it
has been good (apart from the obligatory signing up to
mysqueezebox.com!).

However, there is one thing that troubles me, the WEB Remote Control
access. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing the only way that works is that
the radio itself acts as a "server" (using reverse connection?) which
receives commands from Logitech's servers in order to control it
remotely. I don't know if anyone can answer any of the following
questions but...

1) Isn't this a HUGE security risk, in effect my radio acts like a
Remote Access Tool within my LAN (behind my routers firewall), couldn't
a malicious hacker (or dare I say it Logitech themselves) connect
through the radio and browse and possibly download/upload files on my
network?
(Side note: since the radio connects to Logitech's servers, I'm guessing
they record every action I do with my radio, I wonder if they sell this
info to 3rd parties?)

2) Is there a way to block, disable external control of my radio outside
my LAN?

3) And finally, I can't say that the mysqueezebox.com account gives me
any additional advantages or options that I can't already control from
the radio's menu, is there a way of closing that account?

I hope I don't sound too paranoid and any feedback would be really
appreciated.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
unknown001's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=56211
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=95193

_______________________________________________
Radio mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/mailman/listinfo/radio

Reply via email to