With the demise of the entire Logitech streaming audio species, I'm
planning to pick up some extra Radios for the garage, workshop, spares,
etc. I'm considering whether to buy original SB Radios, or UE Radios
which I can get at a somewhat lower price and then (I hope) convert to
SB so they'll integrate with the rest of my system. But before I buy UE,
I'd like to check in on the reliability of the conversion at this point.
I've read this thread, but there were clearly a number of problems, and
the latest post is pretty old now.

Can anyone confirm that 1) the UE-to-SB conversion is now reliable? And
2) that the converted Radio will then work exactly like any other SB
Radio?