Arniceous wrote:
> I just got off the phone with Logitech support very limited knowledge of
> hardware if the internal antenna fails due to age on either unit there
> is no service and or repair available. Its a shame that the market place
> of certain countries example USA lacks in the desire for such technology
> that Logitech has the project. I think the UE Speaker is a joke compared
> to the WIFI Radio project. I have a smartphone yes casting to a speaker
> is another method but conventional in a living room or kitchen or patio
> party!  :mad:
>
> the migration to the squeeze box GUI is perfect however everything in
> the UE GUI is the same just worded different or in a different sub
> group. Those users that said it lacked in features don't use the Media
> server apparently; for they exist in both radios and platforms. I'm
> using them both they work fine.
>
> As an alternative WIFI radio that is still making headway to date is
> "Grace Audio" They have an array of units for every ones lifestyle.
> Their "Mondo" rivals these products Logitech dropped.
> http://gracedigital.com/internet-radio
>
> At my best,
>
> Arniceous Maximus - PC Solutions

The Grace (and other Reciva based) radios can't compare to squeezeboxes.
They have none of the flexibility of options, etc. - and are totally
dependent on the Reciva database.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker
Cubieboard + Fedora 18 + LMS 7.8 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers