I'm not an expert on usage of SoX but I think the contents of the
custom-convert.conf file would look something like this and the file
goes in the same folder on your server as your convert.conf file.

Code:
--------------------

  mp3 flc * *
  [sox] -t mp3 $FILE$ -t flac - bass +6 250

  wma flc * *
  [sox] -t wma $FILE$ -t flac - bass +6 250

Set up this way it only affects MP3/WMA (e.g. radio streams).  Play with
the boost (set at 6 in example above) and center frequency (set at
250Hz).  If you want to have this change be specific only to that
player, switch out the second * with the MAC address of that unit.

http://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html