Barry Cornell wrote:
> .... the radio tells me I'm connected (without asking me for a username
> or password), but it isn't connected....

I'm assuming you mean the hospital WiFi requires your devices to enter a
passphrase and/or login to actually get onto the network.  Likely it
also requires that you accept their terms of service by checking a box.
These actions require a web browser on the device which your computer
and iPad do have, but your Radio does not have such a web browser.

Your Radio is correctly saying it "is" connected, but it is being
restricted or fenced in from actually accessing the network or internet
because it cannot see nor respond to the web screens required to
proceed.