This is a very old comparison and I've never used UE but I believe it is
still (mostly) valid.....

SqueezeBox vs UE

LOCAL SERVER (present on SB not on UE)
Local server web UI
Remote server web UI (ex: laptop web UI access to local server)

Choice of server connection (local server and/or online server)

Server Plugins
Stored Playlists
Podcast support (present in UE but very limited)

Legacy support for previous SB players

UPnP/DLNA support on local server

Local server support for NAS platform (officially supported)

Local server customization and advanced settings
Software players
Smartphone audio playback

THIRD PARTY PLAYER CONTROL APPS (more features and customizations than
Logitech apps)
SB has a number of them in multiple platforms
UE has only one (that I know of) and is only for IOS/Apple

ONLINE SERVER (present on SB/MySB.com not on UE)
Online web UI (basic playback control, manage favorites, basic player
settings)
Enter and organize direct stream URL via web UI (including cut & paste)

Supports multiple accounts for same streaming service like Pandora
RSS feeds
TuneIn user accounts & user customization

PLAYER (SB Radio has these UE Radio does not)
Menu customization (reorder, hide, add to Home menu, etcÂ…)

Third Party Plugins & Apps

ONLINE SERVICES
All the same.  UE had offered iHeartRadio (not on SB) but I believe
iHeart has since been discontinued on UE

INTERNET  REQUIRMENT
UE requires internet connection (even for local music library)
SB does not and can use LMS server on PC/Mac/NAS/plug computer, or Touch
player as server or MySB.com