Shadow wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Gary.  I did review the posts concerning https,
> but they seemed to be related to LMS.  I've not used LMS so don't know
> if the https issue is relevant to the stand-alone player.  With the
> issues you've been having, did you get the 403 error?
>
> I followed the RSS feeds through the xml file and noted that the xml
> link does not use https, but the landing page is https.
>
> Link in XML file:
> http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/marklevinshow/MLAR/~3/itomROLua5s/5469350-1-6-17-mark-levin-audio-rewind
>
> Connects to:
> https://audioboom.com/posts/5469350-1-6-17-mark-levin-audio-rewind?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+marklevinshow%2FMLAR+%28The+Official+Mark+Levin+Show+Audio+Rewind%29
>
> I'm not sure how feedproxy does the translation of the URL.
>
> In any case it has worked flawlessly up until the past week or so.  I
> can't see any changes in the xml file but wonder if something changed in
> hosting or format around the first of the year.
>
> Still working on it and appreciate any further direction.

I'm not one of the technical folks on this forum so we've already
exhausted my knowledge. But *my understanding* is that the https issue
could likely also affect those not using LMS. Because recall, that
mysqueezebox.com is essentially LMS "in the cloud". So I'm assuming that
the issue could equally affect mysqueezebox.com.  In my own case, using
LMS 7.8 on linux machine (Vortexbox), with no changes in LMS version, no
changes in RSS feed, no changes in URL, I still have some podcasts that
used to work and now don't.

I don't always get 403 error. I mostly have the issue where I can see
the podcast, click on it, see the episodes, click on one, and then it
will try to play (with no sound) for maybe 15 seconds then the timer
goes back to zero.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify