Shadow wrote:
> I've had the same issue for the past 2 days.  Wi-Fi is connected, click
> on Podcast, Radio or Tunein and just spins and spins.  I think Logitech
> gave up on this platform long ago.  Does anyone know of a replacement
> that supports Podcasts and Tunein without being controlled through a
> smartphone and Chromecast?  Seems to be a dead category as most people
> are just using their smartphones for audio and alarms.
>
> Sad.

I don't think there is such a thing. I also have a grace digital and
while it has its advantages, the Logitech is a better device, better UI
and has Tunein whereas grace digital uses the inferior reciva.com and
iHeart.

If you have an Android, Podcast Addict is an outstanding podcast app.
You can buy an Android on eBay for less than $50 and don't need phone
service, just use the WIFI. Get one with Bluetooth and a set of
Bluetooth speakers or bluetooth earbuds.  If you only have a half dozen
stations you listen to regularly, consider Tasker, Intent-Radio and
Shorty for a great commercial free radio. When I get in my car, the
phone connects to the car's bluetooth and automatically launches the
last stream played - all hands free.

In short, there are some good alternatives but they require some
tinkering. Squeezebox was best.  Long Live Squeezebox!