I've noticed that there is no annoying delay when I am connected to
mysqueezebox.com... only when connected to LMS.

However, when I do this, my screensavers/wallpapers which rely on things
like SDT and Custom Clock Helper don't work. So I guess my questions is:
can plugins be stored in my radios so that LMS isn't required?

A better solution would be to find out why LMS is causing the delay.