I don't have a solution yet, but others have suggested installing
wlanpoke - see my question:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115795-Cannot-connect-mysqueezebox-com-until-reboot
My problem arose not with a new router, but with a new cable modem.
Possibly IPv6 traffic on WiFi causes the squeezebox to lose its IP
address (I fond that mine has lost its 192.168.1 address and now shows
only 169.254.x.x address). If the supposition about IPv6 traffic on 2.4
GHz channel is correct, then perhaps the new modem is passing traffic
from my ISP that uses IPv6 and my old modem did not receive or handle
such traffic.
Anyway, connect to your router with Ethernet or install the wlanpoke
fix. (I cannot install wlanpoke, because I can't SSH into mysqueezebox
and I don't know why).