P Nelson wrote:
> The use of port forwarding to solve the SB Radio problem did not make
> any sense to me, but I am not wireless or networking expert.  If you
> read through this thread the interference can be caused by a neighbor
> using Wifi6 standard.  I am reasonably confident from my testing and
> others observations, the problem is related to Wifi6.  The location of
> the radio can be a factor.  Two of my Radios would drop within a day,
> but a third in the kitchen did not have a problem.  However, when my
> wife relocated the Instapot coooker that was near Radio, the kitchen
> radio now occasionally drops from the network.  Now I might be a
> believer in the faraday cage type attempts to reduce the strength of
> interfering signals.
>
> Have you tried installing Wlanpoke?  For me, it did not entirely resolve
> the problem dropping off the network, but reduce it to once a week.  The
> best solution is to bypass the internal wifi with an Ethernet to Wifi
> bridge.

It did not make any sense to me either, but after I removed those port
forwards the Radio seemed stable for way longer than usual (days instead
of hours), I guess there was no causal link.  What is wlanpoke and where
does it get installed?  I might end up using an ethernet to wifi bridge,
are there any of those that work on battery power?  One of my SB Radio
use cases is to have tunes outside on battery power while entertaining
in the Summer (one of my main use cases).

Thanks!