Assalamualaikum w.w. para sanak sa palanta,

Secara pribadi saya sangat senang menyaksikan para politisi, yang selain
idealis dalam wawasan dan realis dalam implementasinya, juga berani menantang
secara jantan mereka yang akan menghambat pelaksanaan program-programnya yang
berfihak kepada rakyat banyak. Tabujua lalu, tabalintang patah.

Saya melihat kualitas seperti itu pada sosok Barrack Obama. Bacalah artikel
Charles Babington di bawah ini.

Wassalam,
Saafroedin Bahar
(L, masuk 72 th, Jakarta; Tanjuang, Soetan Madjolelo)
"Basuku ka Ibu; banasab ka Bapak; basako ka Mamak".
Alternate e-mail address: saaf10...@gmail.com;
saafroedin.ba...@rantaunet.org

Obama tells powerful lobbies: Bring it on
By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated
Press Writer 56 mins ago
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama challenged the nation's vested interests to
a legislative duel Saturday, saying he will fight to change health care, energy
and education in dramatic ways that will upset the status quo.
"The system we have now might work for the powerful and well-connected
interests that have run Washington for far too long," Obama said in his weekly
radio and video address. "But I don't. I work for the American people."
He said his ambitious budget plan, unveiled Thursday, will help millions of
Americans, but only if Congress overcomes resistance from deep-pocket lobbies.
"I know these steps won't sit well with the special interests and lobbyists who
are invested in the old way of doing business, and I know they're gearing up
for a fight," Obama said, using tough-guy language reminiscent of his
predecessor, George W. Bush. "My message to them is this: So am I."
Some analysts say Obama's proposals are almost radical. But he said all of them
were included in his campaign promises. "It is the change the American people
voted for in November," he said.
Nonetheless, he said, well-financed interest groups will fight back furiously.
Insurance companies will dislike having "to bid competitively to continue
offering Medicare coverage, but that's how we'll help preserve and protect
Medicare and lower health care costs," the president said. "I know that banks
and big student lenders won't like the idea that we're ending their huge
taxpayer subsidies, but that's how we'll save taxpayers nearly $50 billion and
make college more affordable. I know that oil and gas companies won't like us
ending nearly $30 billion in tax breaks, but that's how we'll help fund a
renewable energy economy."
Passing the budget, even with a Democratic-controlled Congress, "won't be
easy," Obama said. "Because it represents real and dramatic change, it also
represents a threat to the status quo in Washington."
Congressional Republicans continued to bash Obama's spending proposals and his
projection of a $1..75 trillion deficit this year.
Almost every day brings another "multibillion-dollar government spending plan
being proposed or even worse, passed," said Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., who gave
the GOP's weekly address.
He said Obama is pushing "the single largest increase in federal spending in
the history of the United States, while driving the deficit to levels that were
once thought impossible."
___
On the Net:
Obama address: http://www..whitehouse.gov
UNTUK DIPERHATIKAN, melanggar akan dimoderasi/dibanned:
- Anggota WAJIB mematuhi peraturan serta mengirim biodata! Lihat di:
http://groups.google.com/group/RantauNet/web/peraturan-rantaunet
- Tulis Nama, Umur & Lokasi di setiap posting
- Hapus footer & seluruh bagian tdk perlu dalam melakukan reply
- Untuk topik/subjek baru buat email baru, tidak dengan mereply email lama
- DILARANG: 1. Email attachment, tawarkan disini & kirim melalui jalur pribadi;
2. Posting email besar dari 200KB; 3. One Liner