Hi Ralf,

Here is a very quick reply to your questions.

- If I understand correctly, you're proposing to include only the editor
itself in the component. Could you provide a list of bundles to include
from the github repository?
- org.dslforge.styledtext
- org.dslforge.texteditor
- org.dslforge.texteditor.demo

- Is the widget useful without xtext / DSLs? Are there any examples for
those basic use cases?
Yes, there is already a BasicTextEditor class with some examples of how to
use the widget [1]. DSLs with Xtext can be built on top of it, but It can
be also more general. The DSL examples, also open-source, will be
maintained separately on GitHub repo. Would it be fine for you ? Let me
know if you have any preferences.

- Do you also have an SWT-compatible version of this editor to be used in
the RCP version, or would you use StyledText there?
Currently no, the editor is only used against the RAP target, I did not
cross check with RCP.

- What would your component be called? Since your widget is not compatible
with SWT's StyledText widget, "styledtext" is likely not a suitable name,
is it?
Right, it's called BasicText right now, it can stay like this for the
moment, I don't mind.

- Following the conventions of the incubator projects, bundles and packages
should probably be renamed to "org.eclipse.rap.addons.*". Would this be ok
with you?
No problem with that. Following the naming convention, those plugins would
be called:
- org.eclipse.rap.incubator.basictext
- org.eclipse.rap.incubator.texteditor
- org.eclipse.rap.incubator.texteditor.demo

Let me know if this holds for you.

- Would you agree to maintain the component, i.e. follow up on bug reports,
adjust the build for new RAP version etc?
Sure.

- Are you an Eclipse committer already?
This is part of what should be done in the next few weeks.

Best regards,
Ralf

I keep available for any further information.
Regards,
Amine

[1]
https://github.com/plugbee/dslforge/blob/master/plugins/org.dslforge.texteditor/src/org/dslforge/texteditor/BasicTextEditor.java