From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com <rbase-l@googlegroups.com> on behalf of A.
Razzak Memon <raz...@rbase.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:20 AM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBASE-L] - Report Designer - Control Palette

At 10:51 AM 9/22/2016, Brad Davidson wrote:

>In form designer the selection of toolbar item, Control Palette,
>allows selection
>and placement of design objects on the form. One may either or
>concurrently select
>both Control Palette and Object List to make selection of design
>elements in the
>form designer. For my desired form designer environment depending on
>the size of
>the form, I typically choose one or the other, but not both. Having
>this options
>is a real benefit and I appreciate this!
>
>In the report designer, if I select Control Palette, it seems to only be for
>reference purposes; I must use the object list control to place
>design elements
>on the report in design mode. Am I missing a setting for this object
>which would
>allow similar behavior found in the form designer?
>
>Thank you for any guidance on this,

Brad:

Here's how ...

01. Start R:BASE X Enterprise (Version 10), Build: 10.0.2.11010 or higher ...
02. Connect database
03. Reports > Select Report > Report Designer ...
04. Notice the Controls Palette as well as the Object List (See attached image)
05. Selecting any report object from either control palette or object
list will
     work as expected.

FYI, that minor oddity has been fixed in the next public update of
R:BASE X/XE,
Build: 10.0.2.11010, (Update 2), to be available on October 10, 2016.

Very Best R:egards,

Razzak