Windows 10 is fine, once you kill that b****h Cortana.. Get it with Win 10 Pro, not Home. You have better options at dumping Cortana, the biggest slowdown in the system. You can search the net for Windows 10 slow, but I have all the notes here. I printed them out because if C gets back in the system, you cannot find anything.

If you need notes on that, I have copious ones that I found on the net when my ASUS P550LA i7 with 8 Gb of RAM took over two minutes to bring up the Task Manager.

Albert

On 2016-09-22 10:26 AM, karentellef via RBASE-L wrote:
Admin: feel free to delete if this is not appropriate.

My laptop (my only computer) just died, rats. It was a 2012 Toshiba Satellite with windows 8. Boy I am scared to get windows 10. I always bought at Best Buy, but they no longer carry Toshiba, and until now Toshibas have been so reliable for me. They do carry Dell, Lenova, Acer.

So my question is, knowing that RBase is my primary concern, am I okay buying windows 10? And comment on brands?

Karen

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBASE-L" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbase-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:rbase-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.