A little late but here I go…
I used Toshiba computers exclusively for a long time but I quit while back as
the quality went down and the price went up. I just finished fixing a Toshiba
laptop screen with broken mounts for a friend. The quality is now terrible and
whoever designed that particular laptop did a lousy job and there are tons of
web sites with complaints. IMHO, Toshiba is now overrated and overpriced when
compared to other brands such as Dell, Lenovo and Acer..
I use now Dells and I have really good luck with them…just be sure to take the
3 year plan otherwise be ready to pay for support after one year.
You can update any laptop to SSD with no problems as the SSD software that
comes with the drive clones the old drive. I upgraded my Core I-7 based laptop
to a SSD drive and it works so much faster now and will extend the life of my
laptop by at least a couple of years.
As I understand all versions of Windows (Home, Pro) are installed in all
computers but only one version is activated, so, upgrading from one version to
the other is very quick and painless. Having said that, might as well start
with the PRO version and you will not need to worry about it in the future and
it will save you money.
I am slowly moving to WIN 10 and I regret not upgrading most of my computers
when it was free; I will not use any of the WIN 8 versions as they appears to
be buggy.

Javier,

Javier Valencia, PE
14315 S. Twilight Ln.