You don’t use dsnless connections? If you did there is nothing you need to do.

If not, you can change the registry on one, test it, and export the registry
keys. Then import on the other machines.

Dan Goldberg

From: rbase-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:rbase-l@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
mike.rams...@aksteel.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:18 AM
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBASE-L] - Easily creating multiple R:BASE ODBC registry entries

Good afternoon:

I'm about to make the upgrade to R:BASE X Enterprise and need to create a
couple of dozen ODBC data sources using the ODBC driver for R:BASE X Enterprise.

Essentially the question is what's the easiest way to do this?  Having to
manually create that many new entries will be pretty time-consuming.

Can this be done with a script?

Here's a sample registry entry for one of my database:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ANNL3120]
"Driver"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\RBG95_64.DLL"
"DBQ"="D:\\RBASE\\AUTOMATION\\ANNL3120.RX1"
"Description"="#2 AP data in R:BASE 9.5 format"

The "Driver" reference and "Description" are the only things that need changed
I believe.  Everything else would stay the same.

Would simply doing a search and replace in the Windows registry work or would
that be too dangerous?

Thanks in advance for any sample scripts or suggestions.

Mike Ramsour
AK Steel Coshocton Works
Quality Department
Phone:  740-829-4340
Cell:  740-502-1659
Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private
information.
If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and delete all copies of the message.