Razzak,
Well I can't wait to try it tomorrow!  I actually also have several values to
load into my temp table...
Thank you very much.
Claudine
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 6, 2017, at 8:23 PM, A. Razzak Memon <raz...@rbase.com> wrote:

Claudine,

The timing of your post couldn't have been better.

Yes, you can!

In your specific case ...

You will have to create an additional variable to build the string which is the
"values" part of the insert.

When you finally go to use that variable, use the "&" prefix instead of the "."
prefix.

Here is the key part of an example from one of my application ...

-- Predefined variables and logic is defined here ...
SET VAR vValue TEXT
WHILE vWorkingOn <> vLFNFileCount THEN
  SET VAR vWorkingOn = (.vWorkingOn + 1)
  SELECT (MAX(External_File_ID)+1) INTO vExternal_File_ID INDIC iv1 FROM
External_Files
  -- Build the string with needed file names
  set var vValue = ('(' + '.vExternal_File_ID')
  set var vValue = (.vValue + ',' + '.vLFNFileNameS' + CTXT(.vWorkingOn))
  set var vValue = (.vValue + ',' + '.vLFNFileExt'+(CTXT(.vWorkingOn)))
  set var vValue = (.vValue + ',' + '.vLFNFileDateTime'+(CTXT(.vWorkingOn)))
  set var vValue = (.vValue + ',' + '.vLFNFileSize'+(CTXT(.vWorkingOn)))
  set var vValue = (.vValue + ',' + '.vLFNFilePath'+(CTXT(.vWorkingOn)) + ')')
  -- Now use this string for the value part of the insert
  INSERT INTO External_Files +
  (External_File_ID, +
   External_File_Name, +
   External_File_Extension, +