SET VAR VCOUNT = 1
SET VAR yylading TEXT = ('Vlad'+(CTXT(.VCOUNT)))----vlad1
SET VAR &yylading TEXT = NULL-----same as vlad1 = NULL
SELECT LADING INTO &yylading INDICATOR ivlad FROM orders WHERE (dtg+split) =
.ventry
R>sho v vlad1
LOAD FROM SEABOARD-CORPUS:
[1] 5-1/8" X 15 MANUAL VALVE,
BOLTS, RING GASKETS  ***
LOAD FROM BASIC
ENERGY-CORPUS:  [1] 5-1/8" X
15 MANUAL VALVE, BOLTS, RING
GASKETS

I'm trying to do something which is NOT in the whitepaper dotted vs. ampersand
variables.

I'm in a 4 count while loop, so as vcount is incremented field vlad becomes
vlad1, vlad2, vlad3, and vlad4.

My select correctly acquires the lading value.  Before I increment vcount =
(.vcount +1), I want to load vlad1 in a temporary table.

INSERT INTO tempTBL VALUES (????).  I've tried (&yylading), &yylading (error),
'&yylading',and '.yylading' .  All I manage to get is &yylading, .yylading or
vlad1 but not the actual value contained in vlad1.

I don't have any great hopes that this can be done but what the heck, I thought
I'd ask anyway...

Happy Sunday!  ~Claudine