I have a filelistbox and when I select an image on a folder using the
PROPERTY  LONGFILENAME I obtain the file name and its full path.  I wanted
to get just the file name so I assumed that using the SHORTFILENAME would
yield the name of the file only.        Component ID:  flbFileNam

My code is:

GETPROPERTY flbFileNam LONGFILENAME 'fvFileImgNam'

.

GETPROPERTY flbFileNam SHORTFILENAME 'fvFileImgNamShrt'

The result is:

It appears that both property command yield the same results.  So my
understanding of the SHORT & LONGFILENAME is weak or I am doing something
wrong or something else?  I need some help.

I was just trying to get the file name without the path (CM9197.jpg).  Your
help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Manuel

RBase XE latest upgrade.

By the way I tried this in the RRBYW19 database on an existing form and it
behaved in the same way.