I had similar problem here with a logo about a month ago. I copied the JPG to
PNG and it works A-OK. Saving the JPG to BMP turned it upside down, which
doesn’t look all that great. Much more flexibility with PNG in reports. Seeing
as yours are PDF they should convert easily as well. I wonder if you can just
place the PDF on the report?

Albert