I hardly ever use “ENTER USING.” I normally add the record with the
corresponding data first via code and then edit the record. Something along
these lines…

INSERT INTO storecomputer (compname) VALUES(.vcompname)

EDIT USING aacompinform WHERE compname = .vcompname

In this case, the column compname would locked and not editable to prevent the
user from making changes to values that are retrieved from the system.

I found this approach works best when data is entered one record at the time,
rather than during intensive data entry.

Javier,

Javier Valencia, PE

14315 S Twilight Ln

Olathe, KS 66062