on 11/26/08 11:14 AM, Eric Norris at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That's the bike, all right.  I remember now that the frame had been
> pinned together before it was brazed, and the pin was still there.
> The glue and hose clamp were there to hold it together.
>
> Patrick Shea doesn't show up in the official results (here:
> http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/EN/index.php?showpage=283)
> but as you say that probably wasn't due to the bike.  2007 was a
> very tough year at PBP.

Patrick & I shared a little parrallel ride time after the SFR 200K ride last
January.  He described a very difficult PBP (his second or third attempt),
falling asleep while riding, losing feeling in his arms & hands.  I don't
recall exactly if he finally could no longer raise his arms or couldn't lean
on them.   But, it was a physical limit which caught him up.

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Your Photos are needed! - Send them here -
http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"I threw one leg over my battle-scarred all-terrain stump-jumper and rode
several miles to work. I'd sprayed it with some cheap gold paint so it
wouldn't look nice. Locked my bike to a radiator, because you never knew,
and went in."
-- Neal Stephenson, "Zodiac"