The Oceanside train station is convenient.  OC & IE people can get there on
Metrolink & SD people can come up on the Coaster.  From the station, a good
general direction is to go inland (east) along the river trail & up to
Fallbrook, south past Escondido, then there's a variety of ways to go west
back to the coast, depending on how much mileage we want to do.  I'd suggest
something in the 40-50ish range.

Another option that's a little more complicated would be to meet in Rancho
Bernardo area & do part of the Amgen route.  The complication would be
either driving to the meet point (boooo!) or taking the Sprinter from
Oceanside into Escondido (a 1 hour trip).

So David has 3-5 from the IE.  I don't know any other Rivendellians here in
OC who'd join us but a couple of my touring buds would be interested.  How
many San Diegans?  And you San Diego locals may have routes you'd like to
suggest.

dougP

  _____