This is my first year riding a road bike in decades; I've been
participating in bike rallies in North Texas.

I continue to be surprised at the number of folks who recognize a
Rivendell. Every ride that I've been on, several folks have come up
and said how nice the bike looks (particularly the lugs). In contrast,
I'd be hard pressed to discern a Rivendell bike from 10 feet away.

Yesterday, at the Germanfest rally in Muenster, however, someone
sprang a new comment on me: "It is great to see an ancient bike being
ridden in this rally... Is it Italian?"  He was surprised when I told
him the bike wasn't even a year old, and designed in California.

Perhaps I should start dressing the part in knickers and a seer sucker
shirt, with a leather hairnet. ;)

robert