I don't think the Rohloff is much heavier than the DR system.  You
lose the front and rear DR's and two shifters with the Rohloff.  I
haven't looked it up recently, but suppose the Rohloff weighs a pound
more.  Cut out the pie and ice cream for a month and you've made up
the difference.  In the meantime, you have hassle-free shifting, skip
all the adjusting, phantom shifts, etc.