FYI, I¹ve ridden with Chris Kostman on a Rough Riders ride here in San
Diego. CK often thinks nothing of doing gravel roads and fireroads on
25-35s. So I¹m guessing that if he suggests that most people would want a
³real² MTB for the ride--he means it.  And the pace for the ride here was
definitely spirited.

Dustin


On 5/9/09 4:54 PM, "David Estes" <[email protected]> wrote:

> 
> 
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM, james black <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 22:35, David Estes <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> > I'd love to do it, but the distance and more so the pace they project is
>>> > above my ability/endurance... to bad as it would be great.  Make sure you
>>> do
>>> > it so you can lead us on a Riv Ride come this fall!!!!!!!!!!
>> 
>> This ride sounds like it is beyond my ability/endurance as well, and
>> the closest thing I have right now to a mountain bike is a road bike
>> with 28mm tires and an internal hub gear. And I'm desperately studying
>> for an exam I am taking on May 19th. But in a few months I would enjoy
>> meeting some folks for a ride in the Santa Monica Mountains - maybe we
>> can chart a course for some of the paved roads and fire roads more
>> suitable for road bikes, although I don't know the area well enough
>> personally to plan a route without doing research.
>> 
>> James Black
>> Los Angeles, CA
>> 
>> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
>> 
> James, I think we could have a lot of fun up in them thar hills!  The XO-1
> Ride sounds like it's mostly fireroad, so a 28mm can do it no problem.  It's
> doing 50 miles of fire road at a fast pace... that's the trick!!!
> 



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to