Back problems can be caused by a number of different factors.  The
joints might be arthritic, The disc might be bulging.  The nerves
might be irritated.  The muscles might be tight.  And all these things
lead to each other.  Bottom line, is that what works for one may not
work for another because the main cause may be different.  If the main
cause is bulging disc, more upright might work, but then again, might
not.  If the main cause is worn joint surfaces, lower handlebars might
help, then again, might not.  All depends on the person because even
though we all have the same basic equipment, we're all different
people.

Kathryn
Eugene, OR