You may have made too much change all at once - too much change in the
handlebars, and it might have been better to do lots of smaller rides
to allow your back to get used to it.  Baby steps are the key when
making changes like this.

For now it seems like you've sorted things out, which is great, but as
you get older and the body changes more, remember the baby step
priciple.  Modify every aspect in small increments.

And stretch/yoga every day - especially backward stretches like the
sphinx posture are important because, as odd as it may seem, the body
needs to be able to move backward in order to be able to move forward.

Kathryn
Eugene, OR